- This event has passed.
Pick-Up / Drop-Off Times
Camp days start at 9:00 am and run until 3:30 pm.
June 29th – July 3rd Sailing Camp
We are introducing a sailing only camp for the 2020 season.
A sample week schedule of our sailing camp is listed below:
- Monday: Rigging, Parts of the Boat, Capsizing.
- Tuesday: Points of Sail, Wind Direction, Cardinal Directions.
- Wednesday: Introduction to the Jib, rules of the road.
- Thursday: Racing basics, trial racing in the afternoon.
- Friday: Dry capsizing, Standing sailing. The final race in the afternoon.
Safety is our focus. Campers and counselors wear lifejackets at all times. We have our 15ft Boston Whaler safety boat on patrol for the entirety of camp as well as counselors on kayaks monitoring the campers. Campers are never on the water without a counselor. In the event of inclement weather, campers will play land games such as capture the flag, sharks and minnows, mafia, etc. Campers will also be taken on nature walks through Plum Creek and around Roxborough Cove. We carefully watch the weather and err on the side of caution when it comes to wind and thunderstorms. If the weather becomes too intense to safely be outside, we will move the campers to the marina restaurant until it safe. All parents are called and notified if we need to move into the marina.